users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Oracle XMLTYPE support in toplink essentials

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:54:59 PDT

I spent some more time trying to get converters/mappings to work but was stuck when it came time to create oracle.XMLType objects. These need the underlying connection which is not trivial to retrieve from toplink essentials when running inside the container. I haven't tried any Toplink classes directly.

For our purposed providing a Clob based view of the xml data has been sufficient. Eventually it would be nice to have more native support - but I am not holding my breath.

Cameron
[Message sent by forum member 'cameronr' (cameronr)]