users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JEE5 With Quartz

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:31:19 PDT

The servlet "QuartzInitializer" is a part of the Quartz distribution. It creates a Scheduler instance at startup so that if you have any persistent jobs scheduled, the scheduler might invoke them if it is their time.

Are you familiar with Quartz? A "job" is a class that implements the Quartz Job interface. Quartz comes with a few standard Job utility classes that can wrap around preexisting classes, such as an EJBJobInvoker but if these don't fit what you want to do, you will have to write your own. I suppose a ManagedBean could implement the Quartz Job interface but I've never taken this route so I can't comment more on this.
[Message sent by forum member 'bbergquist' (bbergquist)]