users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Confusing deployment error

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 15:50:14 PDT

I wonder if it were possible to scan the MDB being deployed for its messageListenerInterface value? If it's the jms.onMessage interface, you'd know it uses JMS. If it weren't, then the container would know that it it a non-jms MDB. It would then need to scan the known RAs for the appropriate interface. That might allow the container to deploy the MDB without requiring the sun-ejb-jar or an annotation.

Please don't take this as a criticism. I can certainly cope with using the DD. And I'm sure the above would fall over for any MDB that isn't using the new annotations. It's just a thought. I'm hoping I'll have some time to take a peek at the code to see if I can suggest anything constructive. :)

Thanks,
Ed
[Message sent by forum member 'hildo' (hildo)]