users@glassfish.java.net

Security and Authentication in Glassfish - MAJOR HEADACHE

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 04:19:23 PDT

As can be seen from my posts below I am having major problems trying to get glassfish to authenticate correctly. I have been using the built in j_security_check servlet as recommended. However even when I use BASIC authentication (where the browser pops up a login window rather than form based) I get the following BEFORE the login screen appears:

"This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required."

I am really frustrated with this issue. I assumed (incorrectly) that Glassfish was the platform to go with as I had heard good things about its security/authorization capability. Unfortunately I have now spent two days solely on trying to get it to work and am losing confidence. Any help gratefully appreciated.
Hugh
[Message sent by forum member 'hughacland' (hughacland)]