users@glassfish.java.net

GF DefaultServlet, AlternateDocBases, and Resources

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 21:15:48 PDT

I was browsing through http://fisheye5.cenqua.com/browse/glassfish/appserv-webtier/src/java/org/apache/catalina/servlets/DefaultServlet.java?r=1.10 and I see this mechanism of Resources, AlternateDocBases, and CacheEntry's.

Is this mechanism extensible? Can it be configured at the Webapp level (vs the container or instance level).Is it documented anywhere or are there any examples (besides GF itself of course)?

It seems like AlternateDocBases could be a mechanism to map external static content into webapp, for example. Or Resources as a way to have a DB backed "filesystem" that's treated just like any other static content.

If someone could just post a few paragraphs about this system and how it all works and is tied together, that would be really interesting to me.
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]