users@glassfish.java.net

Komponent model for GFv3?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:02:30 PDT

I read that GF 3 should be modular and I think they need a component model to realize this.
No I don't mean the Java SE component models which are not very helpful for an enterprise application. I mean a component model for a real enterprise application with an application server cluster, middleware servers, databases and may be simple (winows) services. If you have a product running with such a configuration you need to find out which components are available to disable features for the parts not available. Or you want to disable parts of the user interface for components not available. If you have such a component model you are able to tell which components are "installed" and may be able to retrieve the components status. Doesn't GF need something similar for the cluster management? If yes wouldn't it make sense to open it for other components?
[Message sent by forum member 'pinus' (pinus)]