users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How can improve the ACC performance

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 05:15:32 PDT

Java Web Start must download all the required bits of the app client container (ACC) and the developer's app client program before it can execute them. After you have run any client once from a given GlassFish instance the download of the ACC does not need to be repeated. In fact, even the app client itself will be downloaded again only if it has changed since the previous launch. This is true of any application launched using Java Web Start.

The topic of the large footprint of the ACC has been discussed several times in this forum, and we are very eager to address it in GlassFish V3. The smaller we can make the ACC, the shorter the download time will be for the first Java Web Start launch. In the GlassFish V2 timeframe there is really not much we'll be able to do, though.

Even so, you should see the second and subsequent launches go much faster. Do you see them happen faster than the first?

Also, which build of GlassFish and which build of Java are you using?

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]