users@glassfish.java.net

What is needed for NetBeans if I changed GlassFish instance port 8080?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 04:24:34 PDT

Dear experts in this community

I have been struggling to fix my problem, but I still can not.
So I finally decided to ask other experts in this community.

I will really appreciate if someone answer to my question.

---
My environment:
  Windows XP sp2
  NetBeans 5.5.1J
  GlassFish V2RC3
My question:
  I'm writing very simple J2EE application for my practice,
  I made 2 entity beans and 1 session bean which I can
  get data from database.
  I also created 1 *.jsp web page to show whole records of
  above database.
  When I tried to build and deploy them to "domain1" of
  GlassFish (just leave it as default), NetBeans displayed
   "deployment error"  in "build-impl.xml". And the exact
   location of the error is as follows;
  <target name="-run-deploy-nb" if="netbeans.home">
        <nbdeploy debugmode="false" clientUrlPart="${client.urlPart}" forceRedeploy="${forceRedeploy}"/>
    </target>

  I can not figure out what was wrong.
  I've checked GlassFish itself run healty with sample application
  "hello.war.zip".
  There might be some problems on my source of entity beans, but
  prior to them, I'm worring about I've changed default port of
  GlassFish as follows;
    <property name="instance.port" value="12080"/>  <------ modified from 8080
    <property name="orb.port" value="3700"/>
    <property name="imq.port" value="7676"/>
    <property name="https.port" value="12880"/>  <------ modified from 8181
  So I doubt NetBeans doesn't know these modified port to deploy.
  And I guess that's why NetBeans can not connect GlassFish to deploy them.
  I really appreciate if someone give me any comments or suggestions.
  Thank you.
[Message sent by forum member 'spiky' (spiky)]