users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish X connection???

From: Piero Filippin <filippinp_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 09:08:14 +0100

Hi,
I am having a weird problem in Glassfish (58b) on Linux.

Basically, I have noticed Glassfish dying without any apparent reason
(nothing on the log) after a random time (usually in 5 minutes), so I
started running it in debug mode, and I found:

[#|2007-09-07T08:56:45.226+0100|INFO|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.system.core|_ThreadID=10;_ThreadName=main;|Application
server startup complete.|#]

... after a while ...

_*X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server
shutdown).*_
Domain domain1 is ready to receive client requests. Additional services
are being started in background.
Domain [domain1] is running [Sun Java System Application Server 9.1
(build b58b-rc3)] with its configuration and logs at:
[/usr/share/glassfish/domains].
Admin Console is available at [http://localhost:4848].
Use the same port [4848] for "asadmin" commands.
User web applications are available at these URLs:
[http://localhost:8080 https://localhost:8181 ].
Following web-contexts are available:
[/web1 /__wstx-services /WebApp ].
Standard JMX Clients (like JConsole) can connect to JMXServiceURL:
[service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://RFIDLab:8686/jmxrmi] for domain
management purposes.
Domain listens on at least following ports for connections:
[8080 8181 4848 3700 3820 3920 8686 ].
Domain does not support application server clusters and other standalone
instances.

at this point GF dies.

I usually connect to Glassfish from my Windows machine using SSH, and I
have X-Forwarding enabled (hence the localhost:10.0) but I do not keep
the X server (cygwin) running on windows.

If I start the X server in windows, Glassfish runs for hours without
problems - but no window is open on the windows machine (I was expecting
some sort of log window to appear to justify the X connection).

Any clue?

Piero