users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with strange ClassCastException

From: Piero Filippin <filippinp_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:55:31 +0100

Thank you a lot marina, sorry to be such a noob but I think that JavaEE
is pretty though to digest (in my defense, I ordered the Java EE 5
Tutorial from Amazon, but I still have to receive it)!

Following the various advices I received:

1) I added my db to JDBC/Connection Pools as "database"
2) I added the connection pool to JDBC/JDBC Resources as "jdbc/database"
3) I modified the persistence.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence" version="1.0">
       <persistence-unit name="databasePU">
               <jta-data-source>jdbc/database</jta-data-source>
       </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

4) I annotated the ejb with :

@PersistenceContext(unitName="databasePU")