users@glassfish.java.net

Load Balancing with SJWS 7.1 and GlassFish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:16:01 PDT

Is there any decent documentation on this? I followed the documented steps in

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/build/GlassFish_LB_Cluster.html

Starting the server gives me this so I assume the plugin starts fine.

Sun Java System Web Server 7.0U1 B06/12/2007 21:21
info: reports: Initializing lbplugin BuildId: A701212-164111
info: CORE5076: Using [Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM, Version 1.5.0_09] from [Sun Microsystems Inc.]

After doing that the server starts up fine but then I try to configure the Load Balancer Device Settings in GlassFish to point to the Web Server with the Load Balancer just gives me an error. When I look at the logs I see:

Load balancer admin host or port not configured for load balancer my-lb.]

followed by a huge trace dump.

Searching on docs. regarding this I find various pages trying to define this procedure but each one has some differences about them.

So where can I get information on the correct procedure to get this thing to work. I have just wasted a day on something that I was led to believe a trivial configuration.

S.D.
[Message sent by forum member 'samdoyle' (samdoyle)]