users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish v2 UR plans

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:38:58 -0700

Hello
GlassFish v2 FCS was released this week and was a culmination of great
community contributions and collaborative work. One important aspect
during the process of this release was the excellent community feedback
by way of reporting bugs and seeking clarifications that helped improve
the product and documentation.

We are now planning a GlassFish v2 Update Release with some specific
things in mind. The update is slated to provide GlassFish support for
the AIX platform, and an avenue to get in a focused set of
critical-to-quality bugs. Tentative dates for this release are :

Soft Code Freeze October 31st, 07 (feature complete )
Hard Code Freeze November 14th, 07 (all approved bugs fixed and integrated)
Quality and Performance testing cycle begins and showstopper bugs fixed
between Dec and Jan 22rd
FCS release January 24th, 08

The following wiki page provides more details for this update release.
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=PlanForGlassFishV2UR

If you have any issues that are important for you to be fixed in this
UR, we'd like to hear from you. We will assess with the module owners
the impact of the fix, risks if any that it may impose in terms of
testing and regressions, and make a decision on the feasibility of the
fix. Please let us know asap the fixes you would like incorporated.

Best regards
Shreedhar Ganapathy, Engineering Manager
Mark Basler, Tech Lead