users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish V2: ResourceAdapter JavaBean of JCA-Connector instantiated twice

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 03:19:16 PDT

Using Sun Java System Application Server 9.1 (build b41d-beta2) and our JCA CICS connector I observed that during startup the application server shows the following strange behaviour:
- the AS instantiates the ResourceAdapter JavaBean of the JCA-connector, sets all properties, calls the start() method of the ResourceAdapter JavaBean, and initializes the managed connection factories defined in the ra.xml,
- then the AS stops the JCA-connector by calling the stop() method of the ResourceAdapter JavaBean, and
- immediately creates a new instance of the ResourceAdapter JavaBean

Question: Why is the first instance stopped and a second instance created?

The JCA 1.5 spec says in chapter 5.3.1: "The application server must instantiate exactly one ResourceAdapter JavaBean per functional resource adapter instance."

Considering this statement in the spec, isn't the observed behaviour of Glassfish V2 erroneous?

CTee
[Message sent by forum member 'ctee' (ctee)]