users@glassfish.java.net

Installation/asadmin create-domain -- keytool gives error

From: Mark Martin <storycrafter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:00:26 -0500

When trying to install GF V2 Beta 2 via the ant setup-cluster.xml script, I
get an error creating the domain. It's a vague keytool error. Running
asadmin produces the following:
# bin/asadmin create-domain --user admin --adminport 4848 --instanceport
8080 --savelogin=true domain1
Please enter the admin password>
Please enter the admin password again>
Please enter the master password [Enter to accept the default]:>
Please enter the master password again [Enter to accept the default]:>
Using port 4848 for Admin.
Using port 8080 for HTTP Instance.
Using default port 7676 for JMS.
Using default port 3700 for IIOP.
Using default port 8181 for HTTP_SSL.
Using default port 3820 for IIOP_SSL.
Using default port 3920 for IIOP_MUTUALAUTH.
Using default port 8686 for JMX_ADMIN.
Domain being created with profile:cluster, as specified by variable
AS_ADMIN_PROFILE in configuration file.
Security Store used should be: JKS
keytool error: java.security.SignatureException: Signature does not match.
 Enter keystore password:

CLI130 Could not create domain, domain1

This same error occurs in GF V2 Beta 1 as well.

 # uname -a
SunOS radagast2.saga.internal 5.10 Generic_118833-20 sun4v sparc
SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200

# which java
/usr/bin/java

# java -version
java version "1.5.0_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode)

Any clues? How can I diagnose the keytool error, as googling turned up very
little, and I am only marginally knowledgeable about its use and key
management in general?

Thanks,
Mark

Born to the false world, the wanderer,