users@glassfish.java.net

Alogrithm unavailable

From: Kenneth Clark <kenneth_at_rabiddog.co.za>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:48:51 +0200

java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Algorithm DESede not available

I have no idea why I am getting this. On the development instance I was able
to use it, the java code in tomcat is currently running fine using this
algorithm and now all of a sudden Glassfish don't like it.

What can I do? I located sunjce_provider.jar and placed it in the
glassfish/lib dir restarted glassfish and it still returns the same error. I
have a feeling that the tomcat instance is running fine on the same machine
because it is using the global class path values.

Please could someone help resolve this issue? I will continue fiddling in
the mean time

AS: Sun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 9.0_01 (build
b02-p01)

OS: FreeBSD 6.x Diablo Java 1.5

Thanks guys

Kenneth Clark