users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Ubuntu 7.04 - Unknown Host Error when installing glassfish

From: Kenneth Clark <kenneth_at_rabiddog.co.za>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 11:48:42 +0200

What you might want to try is removing the ref of 127.0.0.1 to your machine
name and rather assign your machine name to your IP address not your loop
back address. I had a similar problem with the admin console and that
resolved my issue

127.0.0.1 localhost
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <my machine name>

Leave no ref between your machine name and loop back address

HTH

Kenneth Clark
System Architect / Lead Developer

Rabid Dog Laboratories T