users@glassfish.java.net

Problem with date, database & query

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:40:17 PDT

Hi, i'm new of java, and i need help to write my application.
I follow this tutorial http://www.netbeans.org/kb/60/ide-gui-db-prev.html to make my first database application. So it work, but when i change data type in Date format i can't manage it. When i left-clik on database and use the execution command to write sql commands he work well, do insertions and selects, and the date form is dd/MM/yyyy (i want this format date). But when i put on the UI (autogenerate) i can't insert new dates (wrong date format), and the dates insert by a query are in this format Thu Oct 07 00:00:00 CEST 1999.

The second quest is about sql query where i have to write the queries?

This is an application that have to work in a single pc for a small database (only one table), is that the right road?
[Message sent by forum member 'draiden' (draiden)]