users@glassfish.java.net

Re: OutOfMemory Exception

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 07:28:16 PDT

Hello,

Not sure how simple your object model really is, but you can try some things to see if they help such as trying a different provider to see if/how they behave differently etc. You might also want to ensure that relationships are marked as lazy so that they are not automatically loaded - you didn't show the hotel object but by reading in a room, you are potentially bringing in the hotel and all its rooms if there is a 1:M between hotel and rooms. You may not even want to map these relationships and instead query for them when neccessary; depending on your usage, load, the amount of objects etc.

 Also note that while you are using helper methods for room features, the persistence provider might not be. If the Feature object is not an entity, and if the Features list is not static, the list will be serialized to the database. This means that when read back, each room will have its own instance of the feature, so you may have more feature objects than you think.

I'm sure there are many other things I'm missing you can do to tune your app.

Best Regards,
Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'chris_delahunt' (chris_delahunt)]