users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Site setup

From: ITVGuy2000 <hhartley_at_pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 01:08:41 -0700 (PDT)

I am using Netbeans for deployment, rather than the asadmin tool directly.
When the application deploys (if I have the context root set to "/", or as
Netbeans would prefer an empty <context-root/> in the sun-web.xml file, then
the application deploys to a default http://localhost:8081/web context root.
If I force it by manually modifying the sun-web.xml and adding
<context-root>/</context-root>, then the application appears to run from
http://localhost:8081// <- note the two slashes. Always at
http://localhost:8081/ root context is the index.html from
domains/domain1/docroot. So for now my application is at the context path
http://localhost:8081/main, but ultimately when I am done with development I
want it to show up at http://www.mydomain.com/ in the address bar of the
browser.

http://www.nabble.com/Default-web-module-causes-context-problems.-Any-solution--tf3297601.html#a9198584
http://www.nabble.com/Default-web-module-causes-context-problems.-Any-solution--tf3297601.html#a9198584

I found this thread on Nabble that seems to indicate this is an issue with
glassfish 1 release, and that it is fixed in glassfish 2. For now this
really doesn't do me much good as I prefer to stick with Glassfish 1.

Thanks,

ITVGuy2000