users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF2 Virtual Server stopped working and is showing wrong content.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:23:41 PDT

I don't think there is.
Frankly, I think it is better to have it in the admin console because you can do it *post deployment*.

I agree that sun-web.xml is the vendor (GlassFish) specific deployment descriptor and deployer
can modify it while deploying, but the problem is that you have to redeploy the entire application.

This (inability to modify DD's post deployment), to me, is a limitation of GlassFish administration today. Basically, it defeats the purpose of taking the configuration of application out of the application code itself. In this case, for example, your java [b]code[/b] did not change at all. But
since there is no way to change the application configuration and apply the changed configuration
(of course through deployment descriptors) to the application *without* having to go through the
entire redeployment (which is a heavy-weight operation).

I am planning for such an enhancement.
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]