users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Newly created rails app gives GlassFish v3 Error 404

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:13:20 PDT

I followed your example, installed JRuby 1.0 and GF v3 p1 b2 and found that indeed, if I refer to http://localhost:8080/test then the page returned is unable to reference the images and scripts (clicking on the "properties" link results in an HTTP error). But, if I add a / to the end (http://localhost:8080/test/) then everything works fine.

Could that be the problem? Just a matter of the trailing slash? That seems like a bug in GF -- it ought to know that "test" refers to an application, and automatically redirect to the "/test/" URI. Or maybe I misunderstand how these things are supposed to work. Generally this is something I would configure in Apache using mod_rewrite, so maybe it isn't the responsibility of GF.

Comments?
[Message sent by forum member 'nfiedler' (nfiedler)]