users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Application Client Web Start

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:19:35 PDT

Hi, Ben.

I have not really done a careful study, but after you described your problem I did pay closer attention. For me, Java Web Start launches of app clients under Java SE 1.6 ur1 do seem to "slow down" about midway through the download phase. For me, it does not report that the download has stalled but rather it displays an estimated time remaining, then as the download picks up again that number falls bit by bit.

So it could well be that we are seeing the same underlying 1.6 issue in slightly different ways but I have not made the time to dig deeply into this to find out for sure.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]