users@glassfish.java.net

Problem using JDBC Data Source userid/passwd cannot be null

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:41:11 PDT

I'm trying to get my web application running under glassfish, and when I try and open a data source I get the following exception:

Mon Jun 11 17:24:11 EDT 2007 (7178479),java.sql.SQLException: When res-auth is specified in the runtime deployment descriptor as Application, userid/passwd cannot be null
        at com.sun.gjc.spi.base.DataSource.getConnection(DataSource.java:115)

I have user and password set in the ConnectionPool and the "ping" to the database works in the glassfish admin console.

Can I set the userid/passwd in a configuration file somewhere?
[Message sent by forum member 'charlieevett' (charlieevett)]