users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish and Application Client deployment

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:44:01 PDT

Hi, Kerry.

Well, I don't know about moving stones, but...

I think the problem here might be that the class being sought is part of Matisse (the GUI builder and support in NetBeans) and it's not to be found anywhere.

If I recall correctly, the GroupLayout$Group class is in javax.swing in Java SE 6 (and therefore in Java's rt.jar) but that for Java SE 5 you needed to include the NetBeans library in the application (or the app client in your case). And I'm not sure but I think the class was in a different package then also.

Is there a chance that you used NetBeans to build the app (and app client) with a Java 6 SDK set up but are using Java SE 5 to try to run? That would explain why that the GUI is referring to that class but the class is not found.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]