users@glassfish.java.net

JMS in GF2 B50 using random ports- struggling with Application Client

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 09:42:38 PDT

I seem to have an issue where my remotely launched Web Start based application client is trying to connected to my remote JMS service on different ports each time I start the server.

Under "JMS Hosts" i have set my port for this service to be 4196, however when I launch my application I see errors such as the following...

Sun Java(tm) System Message Queue 4.1
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Version: 4.1 (Build 31-d)
Compile: Thu 05/17/2007

Copyright (c) 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
SUN PROPRIETARY/CONFIDENTIAL. Use is subject to license terms.

This product includes code licensed from RSA Data Security.

Jun 8, 2007 10:33:22 AM com.sun.messaging.jmq.jmsclient.ExceptionHandler throwConnectionException
WARNING: [C4003]: Error occurred on connection creation [benju.dyndns.org:2357]. - cause: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Port 2357 is not set anywhere to be used by my server, when I restart the server and try again it will be another port. Because my test GF server is behind a NAT (I'm experimenting with deploying a Web Start based application client) I tried forwarding the new port each time I have restarted the server and found that I could suddenly use my application client until the next time I restart it and another port is used.

If anybody has any ideas it would be much appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'benju' (benju)]