users@glassfish.java.net

change soap location type for webservice

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 04:44:44 PDT

Hello.
Glassfish automatically adds location to soap location for webservice wsdl.
(Jitendra Kotamraju: Yes. We use HttpServletRequest to compute the <soap:address> location. at http://java.sun.com/developer/community/askxprt/2007/jl0226.html )
Unfortunatly, it prints the machine name instead of its ip address, which turns out to be a nightmare to me.
In order for the machine to be seen in a http connection, name of the machine needs to be resolved, which is not always possible. My program hangs at soap level, just because it cannot find the machine it previously (milliseconds ago) got the wsdl from, but using the ip. (madness)

Is there any way to make glassfish write the ip instead of name?

Thank you for any input.
[Message sent by forum member 'pepe' (pepe)]