users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Contexts and JSTL imports

From: ITVGuy2000 <hhartley_at_pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 03:26:21 -0700 (PDT)

Jan.Luehe wrote:

> This is expected to work, and is working for me.
>
> You've deployed your webapp at "/messingaround/MyGlossaryOneFive",
> and "ShowXMLDefs.jsp" resides at the top-level directory of your webapp,
> right?
>
> Is there anything else deployed underneath "/messingaround"?
>
> Jan

Thanks for looking at this.

- I have deployed my webapp at /messingaround/MyGlssaryOneFive
- ShowXMLDefs.jsp at the top level of my webapp at,
/messingaround/MyGlossaryOneFive/web/ShowXMLDefs.jsp
- Yes there are many other applications deployed under messingaround, and
messingaround is itself a context.
Thus I have (or I should say had) the following applicaiton contexts:
/messingaround
/messingaround/MyGlossaryOneFive
/messingaround/MySimpleGlossary
/messingaround/PetSQLStruts
/messingaround/PetSQLStrutsiBATIS
/messingaround/manymanymanyothers

As I said, these all work great. Its just when I want to do an JSTL import
from a foreign context that things go wrong.

One other thing... the import is done in the file
/messingaround/xml/xml.jsp. This is under the /messingaround context.

Thanks,

ITVGuy2000