users@glassfish.java.net

Re: SSL for Apache, mod_jk and VirtuellServers

From: <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:32:34 -0700

Hi Tom,

Tom Shi wrote:

> There is a thread in the this maillist about the Apache, mod_jk and
> VirtuellServers setup.
>
> I plan to the setup the SSL for this combination.
>
> Where can the SSL be configured, in Apache or Glassfish?
> If possible, I prefer to setup the SSL at glassfish.

If GlassFish is front-ended by Apache, SSL will be handled by Apache,
and any SSL related request information (such as the SSL keysize and
client cert chain) will be forwarded via mod_jk to the AJP connector in
GlassFish.

> How to configure the mod_jk to make the HTTPS requests forward to the
> glassfish?

No such configuration is supported, since mod_jk itself does not support
SSL.

Jan