users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Entity beans, persistence and CascadeType.

From: Ryan J <ryan.j_at_vacode.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:21:31 -0600

Thanks for the reply Markus.

That works fine on the server side. In my case I'm using an application client and end up calling EntityManager.merge()
via a remote interface. My application client is not on the same machine as the server and I don't know of an easy way
to determine and update the newly generated ids for the detached Entity beans that are on the client if I use
CascadeType.PERSIST.

Ryan