users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Dynamic role handling

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:10:06 PST

>>Once roles are assigned to the application, then the container maps each role to one or more groups. Users are then associated with groups, and thereby INDIRECTLY associated with roles.

Of course. But if I want to create a new GROUP with other set of existing ROLES at runtime ?
In Glassfish, I must put "role-mapping" for the new group in DD, and ONLY in DD! And redeploy app... Right?
But I need DYNAMIC "role-mapping".

In JBoss I have that possibility, because AbstractServerLoginModule and subclasses (like DatabaseServerLoginModule) have method to manipulate roles (getRoleSets()) - and it is not necessary to put mappings in DD.

HOW can I to do the same in glassfish?
[Message sent by forum member 'benbou' (benbou)]