users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish Wiki Migration: Friday, March 30

From: Jamey Wood <Jamey.Wood_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:58:27 -0600

We're planning some maintenance for the GlassFish wiki. We'll be moving
to a more powerful server and a newer version of JSPWiki (both of which
should be mostly invisible to users and editors), plus migrating to a
new URL (obviously, a more visible change).

The new URL, which has been chosen to better align with the rest of our
web presence, will be:

  http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/

It's already accessible for testing, with a snapshot of
glassfishwiki.org content. You're encouraged to go ahead and try out
anything which you're concerned could break in the migration. If you do
find anything, please let me know so that we can get it fixed before the
switch. Note that any updates made via this URL will be overwritten
during the final migration (as we'll re-import all of the latest content
and account settings from glassfishwiki.org).

As part of the switch, we'll make sure that all glassfishwiki.org URLs
are properly redirected. So existing hyperlinks and bookmarks should
continue to function properly.

I'm planning to do the migration at 3pm PDT on Friday, March 30 (and
yes, I'll subsequently keep an eye out for any issues over the
weekend). It should all be pretty invisible to users (with just a brief
lock-out of update actions while a fresh export of content and account
settings are taken from the current wiki instance and important into the
new one).

If you have any questions or concerns about this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jamey