users@glassfish.java.net

Custom MBean and JMS

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 15:25:02 PST

Hi,

I am trying to subscribe to a JMS topic within a custom MBean.

I'm trying to do this in the postRegister method and my code is pretty basic and looks something like this:

ConnectionFactory factory = (ConnectionFactory)initialContext.lookup(
  "... some JNDI name ...");
Connection connection = factory.createConnection();
Session session = connection.createSession(true,
  Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
Destination dest = (Destination)initialContext.lookup(
  "... some JNDI name ...");
Consumer consumer = session.createConsumer(dest);
consumer.setMessageListener(this);
connection.start();

I seem to have all the components in place but when a message is sent by a publisher on the topic the listener onMessage(...) method receives nothing. I know the topic is receiving something because I have a seperate MDB listening in and it is receiving it fine.

Am I just doing something wrong or is there some issue with MBeans directly subscribing as consumers to JMS?

Thanks for any help!!
[Message sent by forum member 'bkatnich' (bkatnich)]