users@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Fwd: Re: Classloading Error for JPA Implementation]

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 18:12:28 -0700

> glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
>
>>> Did you try to ask about it on the Hibernate forum?
>>

>> Here is the reply: http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=972404
>>
>> Apaprently Glassfish mess up with the thread current class loader on
>> redeployment
>>
>> Here is the culprit line
>>
>> Enumeration<URL> xmls = Thread.currentThread()
>> .getContextClassLoader()
>> .getResources( "META-INF/persistence.xml" );

Where is this called?

Is this called by

  test.mapping.web.controller.MyServletContextListener.contextInitialized

which appears in the NullPointerException's stack trace?

During the invocation of a webmodule's context listeners (as part of
WebModule.start()), the thread context classloader is guaranteed to be
equal to the webmodule's WebappClassLoader.

This is true for first-time deployment as well as any subsequent
redeployments.

So I don't understand the above statement about "Glassfish messing up the
thread context classloader during redeployment."

Jan