users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Re: Classloading Error for JPA Implementation

From: Jason Lee <lee_at_iecokc.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:17:20 -0500

For what it's worth, we've had both Hibernate and TopLink Essentials
available in our v1 and v2 servers with no problem. All I did was add
these (probably outdated) jars to $GF_HOME/lib:

antlr-2.7.6.jar
asm-attrs.jar
asm.jar
cglib-2.1.3.jar
commons-collections-3.1.jar
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
concurrent-1.3.2.jar
dom4j-1.6.1.jar
ehcache-1.2.jar
ejb3-persistence.jar
hibernate-annotations.jar
hibernate-entitymanager.jar
hibernate3.jar
javassist.jar
jboss-archive-browsing.jar
log4j-1.2.11.jar
oscache-2.1.jar

And the, of course, change the persistence provider in each
persistence.xml. I guess if you want Hibernate to be default, remove
the TLE jars might work, but I've not tried that. And we've actually
just removed Hibernate altogether from our app server and are just using
TLE, for what that's worth.

-----
Jason Lee, SCJP
Senior Software Engineer