users@glassfish.java.net

Do Woodstock components work with V2?

From: Romanowski, Tim <tim.romanowski_at_lmco.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:47:53 -0400

Has anyone here tried the Woodstock components with newer builds of
Glassfish? I'm running V2 B37, and I unable to deploy neither the 4.01 nor
4.02 builds that are currently available from the project's website [1]. I
get the exception below: Needless to say, if I can't deploy the war, then
the likelihood of me getting the components integrated into my app are slim
as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated? From what I see at
the project's website, there is zero documentation, and not much mailing
list activity.

type Exception report

message

descriptionThe server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot find
FacesContext

root cause

java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot find FacesContext

And in my server logs.

Log Level

SEVERE

Logger

javax.enterprise.system.container.web

Name-Value Pairs

_ThreadID=15;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-8080-0;_RequestID=cf49ded9-2060
-40fa-9df2-614c0c8b2cea;

Record Number

15

Message ID

StandardWrapperValve[jsp]

Complete Message

PWC1406: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot find FacesContext at
javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentClassicTagBase.getFacesContext(UIComponentClas
sicTagBase.java:1763) at
javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentClassicTagBase.isIncluded(UIComponentClassicTa
gBase.java:1647) at
javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentClassicTagBase.setJspId(UIComponentClassicTagB
ase.java:1575) at
org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspx_meth_f_view_0(index_jsp.java from :132) at
org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java from :107) at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:80) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:818) at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:3
73) at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:464) at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:358) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:818) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.servletService(ApplicationFi
lterChain.java:398) at
va:277) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContext
Valve.java:255) at
va:188) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:611
) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:564
) at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebPipeline.invoke(WebPipeline.java:81) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:193
) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:611
) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:564
) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:558)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1067) at
:137) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:611
) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.doInvoke(StandardPipeline.java:564
) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:558)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:1067) at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:255) at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.invokeAdapter(
DefaultProcessorTask.java:618) at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.doProcess(Defa
ultProcessorTask.java:549) at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultProcessorTask.process(Defaul
tProcessorTask.java:790) at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.executeProcessorTas
k(DefaultReadTask.java:326) at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.doTask(DefaultReadT
ask.java:248) at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.DefaultReadTask.doTask(DefaultReadT
ask.java:199) at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.TaskBase.run(TaskBase.java:252) at
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.ssl.SSLWorkerThread.run(SSLWorkerTh
read.java:93)

[1] https://woodstock.dev.java.net