users@glassfish.java.net

Re: hot deploy

From: Sreenivas Munnangi <Sreenivas.Munnangi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:36:34 -0700

Rogerio Baldini das Neves wrote:

> Hi guys,
>

> Is it possible to enable/disable a J2EEApplication using JMX ?
>
> My ear application has 1 WebModule and 2 EJBModules.
>

> I have tried to execute a stop/start command but the application
> didn't appear disabled in glassfish control panel.

It is supposed to work. Could you pl. provide the object name of the
mBean which you are accessing to stop the application and if it is
possible attach the application as well.

> In truth, I want to do a hot deploy.
>
> I must stop application, update all modified files and start application.
>
> How can I do that ?

Pl. refer to the following doc., specifically the section on 'Deployment
for Development'.
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3660/6n5s7klpb?a=view#beadz