users@glassfish.java.net

Automatic reconnect using TopLink

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 01:49:33 PST

Dear all,
We have a Jave EE application using EJB 3 with Toplink on a glassfish server.

Once in a while we have a problem that the connection with the mysql server is interupted (usually as night), which results in:

com.mysql.jdbc.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure due to underlying exception:

Is there a way to automatic reconnect after a dropped connection using MySQL?
I tried configuring the following in the DataPool configuration but it didn't make any difference:
autoReconnect = true
autoReconnectForPools = true
autoReconnectForConnectionPools = true

Any help is really appriciated!
Thanks in advance,

Luuk Jansen
[Message sent by forum member 'luuk' (luuk)]