users@glassfish.java.net

Re: java.utils.Logging handler with EntityManager

From: Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:25:46 -0700

Hi Asaf,

I'm just thinking here, so I might be wrong.

Can you look up a container-managed EMF (or it's not available yet at the time
you are creating the logging facilities)? If you can't, you should be able to
use Persistence.createEMF. In any case, you'll probably need to use
RESOURCE_LOCAL EM and the EntityTransaction to mark the transaction boundaries,
so that your data does not depend on the status of the global transaction.

Please also note that a) EM is not thread safe,, and b) an app-managed EM has an
EXTENDED persistence context by default, so unless you want to remember the
previous entires in the persistence context, you'll need to either have 1 EM per
each entry or call em.clear() after each et.commit().

HTH,
-marina