users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Web-Start

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:30:55 PST

Hi, again, Micko. Sorry this is not easier.

The output you posted is from the server's server.log and it includes the message that says the path to your app is progText. So the URL should be http://localhost:8080/progTest. (I'm assuming it was just a typo when you referred to http://localhost:8080/prog.)

Now we need to find out what is happening once the launch begins on the client side, not the server. To do this, you need to turn on Java Web Start tracing, then launch the app again, then look in the trace file that Java Web Start will have created.

How to do this and where to look for the resulting trace file is what the last part of this blog entry describes:

http://blogs.sun.com/quinn/entry/launch_that_app_client

Please try that and let us know what you find.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]