users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Autodeploying multiple times causes OutOfMemoryError in PermGen

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 18:41:47 PST

Hi, Cameron.

Sorry this problem cropped up with the tool.

The NPE is happening on a line that tries to refer to the "name" private instance variable in the ZipFile class. That field should have a value, but obviously it does not.

I've uploaded a revision to the tool here

http://blogs.sun.com/quinn/resource/ZipFileMonitor.jar

The change simply checks that name is non-null before trying to dereference it.

I hope that helps, although there could be more issues since I would not have expected this one in the first place. Please let us know how it goes.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]