users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can I mapping an external directory to appear within the webapp?

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:43:03 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote On 03/16/07 03:10 PM,:

>Simple example.
>
>I have mywebapp.war.
>
>It gets deployed to: http://host/mywebapp
>
>Now, say I have an images directory on the file system (say /usr/local/data/images), and inside that is img.gif.
>
>In GF1.x, can I do anything so that I can have a url like: http://host/mywebapp/images/img.gif?
>
>Map that external directory within the URL space of my web app as if the data we actually bundled with my WAR?

Currently, we support this feature only for a virtual server's root context
(docroot), via alternate docroot settings.

See Item 4. (Alternate Docroots) at

  http://blogs.sun.com/jluehe/entry/virtual_hosting_features_in_glassfish

and this forum thread:

We will support this feature for regular webapps as a future extension.

Jan