users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Web-Start

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:56:31 PST

A couple of other things.

JWS = Java Web Start

When you deploy the program to the app server, does it report success?

From a command line, enter

    asadmin list-components

(or use the admin GUI at http://your-host:4848 and look along the left-hand side for the application clients category, if my memory serves me correctly) and make sure your app appears in the output as an app client.

How are you launching the app? Typing the URL into a browser should work. So should the command line:

javaws "http://your-host:your-port/your-client-path"

The "your-client-path" part is assigned automatically in your case and is probably the name of the JAR file you deployed. You are probably doing this part correctly if you are not getting a 404 from your browser or some other error.

From your description it certainly sounds as if the client is starting, so definitely turn on tracing and let's see what that says.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]