users@glassfish.java.net

Connection validation on JDBC pool resource does not work

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:12:25 PST

Hi.

I've got a problem with jdbc and connection pools on glassfish v2 M4 (b33).

When I shut down the database server the pool is connected to (to simulate a database breakdown), the pooled connections are not re-established when the server is up again. Instead an exception is thrown:

[pre]
 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.resource.ResourceException: method <init>(Ljava/lang/Throwable;)V not found
        at com.sun.gjc.spi.ManagedConnectionFactory.isValidByTableQuery(ManagedConnectionFactory.java:380)
[/pre]

I'm running on JDK 6 on SuSE Linux 10. Database is MySQL 5, I'm using latest mysql-connector V5.0.5.

Please help.

Alexander
[Message sent by forum member 'sahlix' (sahlix)]