users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Library refresh rates

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <Sivakumar.Thyagarajan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:31:32 +0530

> changes? If I put them in the domain/domain1/lib dir will this be reload
> or checked?
Yes you could use application specific classloading [1] by placing the jars in
domains/domain1/lib. Even in this case, a modification to the contents of
domains/domain1/lib would need a redeploy [or disable/enable] of the application
that wishes to see the new libraries.

So, here is how it would work. Let's say app1 required foo.jar in its classpath
to start with. Place foo.jar in domains/domain1/lib and deploy app1 as
asadmin deploy --libraries foo.jar app1.ear

Then at a later time copy bar.jar to domains/domain1/lib and for app1 to "see"
bar.jar,
asadmin undeploy app1.ear
asadmin deploy --libraries foo.jar,bar.jar app1.ear
should help. This way, a server restart is avoided.

Currently, an application restart/redeploy cannot be avoided though.

Thanks
--Siva.
[1] https://glassfish.dev.java.net/nonav/javaee5/docs/DG/beade.html#gatej