users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Autodeploying multiple times causes OutOfMemoryError in PermGen

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 16:48:29 PST

Currently using b37 on Windows with Netbeans.

I am also seeing the memory (both heap and non-heap) grow consistently every time I redeploy an application. I am monitoring glassfish using JConsole. JConsole also shows that the classloader loads in more and more classes with every deployment.

After about 20 deployments my glassfish has grown about 400MB in size and the classloader is managing about 50,000 classes (up from about 7,000-10,000) on first deployment. Is the classloader failing to release classes from the previous deployment?

This is really quite frustrating as I need to restart glassfish every few hours during development.

Regards
Cameron
[Message sent by forum member 'cameronr' (cameronr)]