users@glassfish.java.net

Getting Started Materials for New Users

From: Dennis Gesker <dennis_at_gesker.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 15:21:18 -0700

I've begun to post a series of short blogs with the aim of helping a new
Glassfish user get started.

The blogs center around the goal of getting JSPWiki running under Glassfish
on a Windows Server.

The series begins with laying out the reasons.goals of the project and
discussion of a basic LAN configuration. The series continues with a walk
through of the steps required to authenticate users against a relational
database, integrating/connecting Glassfish to Apache using mod_jk and
ensuring that Glassfish can survive a reboot.

Most the material comes from what I have learned by following the postings
in the newsgroups and by trial and error.

Here is the first of its 18 parts.

http://gesker.blogspot.com/2007/03/jspwikiglassfish-install-part-1.html

If you know of anyone who is just getting started please pass these along.
They might find it helpful.

Dennis