users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JEE5 support in eclipse

From: ludovic champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 07:00:04 -0800

On Mar 8, 2007, at 12:05 AM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> It would not be impossible to use eclipse 3.2.x for developing EE5
> apps, I mean apart from syntax support, the odd wizard, and having
> to hand-configure the deployment to glassfish (all of which can be
> done in ANT), are there any other downsides that would be an
> impediment to doing so? Just because the tools are not there
> doesn't mean it can't be done - no reason you couldn't use a clean
> eclipse without wtp-web and wtp-j2ee stack.
>
> Thoughts?
You are correct.
By the same token, there is no limitation in vi, ed, or Emacs
editors, along with the javac and jar commands and the asadmin
GlassFish tool to develop compliant Java EE 5 applications.

Ludo
(During the JavaOne 2006 tech key note, I used both the vi editor
and NetBeans to prove the point by creating and testing a EE5 web
service:-)