users@glassfish.java.net

Logging problems

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 14:03:05 PST

Few developers are using one glassfish instance on one machine for testing purpose. How they can create separate logfiles for each "context"?

Our application is EAR with WAR and JAR (few EJBs). They can deploy application under different names (ourapp_dev1, ourapp_dev2, etc.).

Second question - can I change logging formatter in glassfish from SImple to XMLFormater for one (specific one) application (i.e. myapp.ear)?
I used to use log4j and it was great. Java.util.logging looks strange and very uncomfortable (i.e. there is no easy way to prepare separate logging configurations for each application - in log4j it was so easy...).

Reg.
Lukjel
[Message sent by forum member 'lukjel' (lukjel)]