users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Re: debugging JDBCRealm configuration

From: Jason Lee <lee_at_iecokc.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 16:00:18 -0600

(I hope this gets cross-posted to the forum ;)

This might be a bit heavy for you, but we have an acegi-based solution,
where our users are in LDAP (Active Directory, to be specific), and the
groups (as well as the linking of users to groups) are in a database.
We had to write some custom code to handle that LDAP/DB "join", but,
assuming your all DB-based, it should work out of the box for you. You
can then use either the acegi tags or acegi-jsf tags to restrict parts
of pages, as well as the built-in acegi URL protections. My blog on it
might get you going in the right direction. Mind you, this in no way
represents a best practice with regard to acegi, but it does work for
us, and that was enough at the time I wrote all of that. :)

http://blogs.steeplesoft.com/2006/11/09/using-acegi-security-with-jsf/

-----
Jason Lee, SCJP
Programmer/Analyst