users@glassfish.java.net

debugging JDBCRealm configuration

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 13:42:06 PST

My development partner and I have been trying to use JDBCRealm in glassfish v1 UR1.
We have been trying to follow the configuration steps given here...

      http://www.developinjava.com/readarticle.php?article_id=6

And, for the sake of completeness, we're also aware of this other page that discusses the use of JDBCRealm...

      http://blogs.sun.com/swchan/entry/jdbcrealm_in_glassfish

We believe that we have everything configured as suggested. We're using "none" as the digest-algorithm for the sake of simplicity. Our tables contain two users, with passwords in plaintext. Each in the same group.

The most frustrating part of trying to get this to work is that the only thing that
appears in the glassfish logs, when we attempt to log in, is very generic:

SEC1112: Cannot validate user [jim] for JDBC realm.
SEC5046: Audit: Authentication refused for [jim].
Web login failed: Login failed: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Security Exception

Nothing seems to indicate where the failure is, or what type of failure it is. We'd like to get some verbose debugging out of JDBCRealm, if possible.

Any other suggestions as to how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated, too.
[Message sent by forum member 'pohl' (pohl)]